See also Hotpot Near Me Asian Almond Chicken
Hotpot Near Me Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] water
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] dry Sherry
- 2 1/2 tablespoons [37.5 mL] cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] instant chicken broth granules
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1 large carrot
- 6 green onions
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 cups [750 mL] vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] blanched whole almonds [approximately 3 ounces / 85 g]
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] drained bamboo shoot slices [1/2 an 8-ounce / 227-mL can]
- 8 fresh mushrooms, cleaned then sliced
Hotpot Near Me Directions:
Combine water, 2 tablespoons [30 mL] of the Sherry, 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] of the cornstarch, soy sauce and chicken broth granules into a small saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 5 minutes; keep warm.
Skin and bone chicken breasts; cut chicken whites into 1-inch [2.5-cm] cubes.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons [30 mL] Sherry and 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch, egg white and salt; mix in chicken pieces.
Peel and dice carrot.
Cut green onions into 1-inch [2.5-cm] long pieces.
Cut celery diagonally into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] thick slices.
Heat vegetable oil into a wok over high heat until it reaches 375°F [190°C].
Add chicken pieces, one at a time, to hot oil [cook only 1/3 of the pieces at a time].
Stir-fry until light brown, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain onto paper toweling.
Repeat with remaining chicken pieces; reserve onto paper toweling.
Remove all but 2 tablespoons [30 mL] oil from the wok.
Stir-fry blanched whole almonds into remaining oil until golden, for apporximately 2 minutes; drain.
Add carrot dices and grated ginger root to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add bamboo shoot and mushroom slices.
Stir-fry until tender-crisp, for approximately 3 minutes.
Mix in reserved chicken and almonds, then sauce.
Stir until hot, and serve.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Hotpot Near Me.