See also Hotpot Near Me Asian Almond Chicken
Hotpot Near Me Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 pound [454 g] fresh large shrimps
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1 cup [250 mL] vegetable oil
- 1 cup [250 mL] finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 g] sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] Chinese chili powder
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cream
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] barbecue or satay sauce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] Brandy [optional]
Hotpot Near Me Directions:
Remove shells from shrimps.
Cut each shrimp down the back, using the point of a small sharp knife; remove vein.
Rinse shrimps and pat dry with paper toweling.
In a bowl, combine egg white, cornstarch and salt; mix well.
Mix in shrimps; let stand for 1 hour.
Heat vegetable oil in wok over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F [190°C].
Add shrimps, one at a time, cooking only half of shrimps at a time.
Fry until golden, about 2 minutes; drain onto paper toweling.
Remove all but 2 tablespoons [30 mL] of the oil from the wok.
Stir-fry onions, curry powder, sugar and chili powder in oil for 2 minutes.
Add shrimps; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add cream and barbecue or satay sauce; cook and stir 1 minute.
Mix in sweet red pepper slices; remove from heat.
Arrange shrimps on a serving plate; spoon sauce over shrimps.
If desired, heat brandy in a small saucepan, just until warm; pour into a small metal bowl.
Place bowl on serving plate, in the center of shrimps.
Carefully ignite brandy, using a long wooden match.
Before eating, hold shrimps over flame for a few seconds.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Hotpot Near Me.